Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Favorite Books for 2012

I managed to finish 42 books this year, making this the only New Year’s Resolution I kept to its fullest in 2012. Yay, reading!

Here are my favorite books, in particular order:

1. Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline (love, love, love this book)

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Michael Chbosky (I want to hug Charlie)

3. Bossypants, by Tina Fey (Laughing one page, crying the next)

4. The Clockwork Universe: Isaac Newton, the Royal Society, and the Birth of the Modern World, by Edward Dolnick (I understand calculus now! Well, more than I did.)

5. The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
(So much beauty and pain in one book.)

6. The Key to Creation (Book 3 of the Terra Incognita series), by Kevin Anderson
(Actually, I love the whole trilogy. It's high fantasy, a little like Roger Zelazny's Amber, but with more of a Tolkienesque eye for detail.)

7. Leviathan, by Scott Westerfeld (also, love the whole series)

8. Room, by Emma Donoghue (just, wow)

9. The Light Fantastic, by Terry Pratchett (Yes)

10. Monument 14, by Emmy Laybourne (must… read… the next… book)

Books I did not like, but read anyway:

The Difference Engine, by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling (I wanted to like this book, really really, but it was so tedious…)

Hidden Riches, by Nora Roberts (Read this while researching romance… turns out, I dislike archetypal romance.)

Then there were many in between that I liked a lot. They’re all here on this list:
The Book List

No comments:

Post a Comment