Monday, April 5, 2010

Poem A Day: Day Five

From Poetic Asides: 2010 April PAD Challenge: Day 5
Posted by Robert

For today's prompt, write a TMI poem (or too much information poem). As with all prompts, there are a number of ways to come at this one. You can make it about gossip or revealing too much personal information. You could write an information overload poem. Or...well, I'm interested to see what everyone produces.

When I read the prompt, this very brief poem came to me:

More Than We Should Know

When they committed
him, he sent a text
that read:
If you don't hear
from me, bury her body
by the lake.
We all thought, whose body?
As if we didn't know.
As if we haven't always known.

But for various family reasons, I can't share it in all places. So I'm going to have to work on another one.

1 comment: