Sunday, April 3, 2016

Actual Things He Said To Me - Day Two of the PAD Challenge

Unless you're actually just an asshole using
honesty as a shield for rude behavior.
The 2016 April PAD Challenge shuffles along to Day 2. Let’s unwrap today’s prompt.
For today’s prompt, write a what he said and/or what she said poem. Maybe he or she said a rumor; maybe he or she gave directions; or maybe he or she said something that made absolutely no sense at all. I don’t know what they said; rather, each poet is tasked with revealing that knowledge.

Here is a poem close to my heart. These are actual things men have said to me - some in person, some via instant message, but all true.


Actual Things He Said to Me

He said, "It's hot that you're a single Mom.
They're like the surest bet.
That's how it is where I come from:
You gotta take what you can get."

He said, "You are smoking hot, but
Petite chicks are all I date.
I would really like it a lot
If you could just shed some weight."

He said, "Why do you need feminism?
Isn't that for ugly girls?
That kind of sexual fascism
is what's ruining the world."

He said, "Your book is too feminine.
You shouldn't quit your job.
Your sense of humor's asinine.
You think you're funny, but you're not." 

He said, "Hey princess, hey baby, hey doll
I'm not like other dudes.
I'm looking for love, I'm looking to fall
So PM me all your nudes."

And then he said, "I don't get it,
how women can be so mad
I just told you what I want.
So how can that be bad?"

He said, "Women claim to want honesty.
But that just doesn't fly.
'Cause when we tell them what we need,
They would rather hear a lie."

But she said, "You misunderstand us.
We are but human beings
Not a princess in a tower
Not some puppet tied with strings."

She said, "I'm not here to perform for you.
I don't need what you have to say.
Someday I'll realize my own goals
And that someday is today."

No comments:

Post a Comment