Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 11 - People Crying In Cars



For today's prompt, take the phrase "Maybe (blank);" replace the blank with a word or phrase; make the new phrase the title of your poem; and then, write the poem. Some example titles might be: "Maybe I should've read the instructions first," "Maybe I was wrong," "Maybe the world is flat," or whatever else y'all can muster.

I've been working on pieces of this concept for years, thinking it might brew into a short story or perhaps even a novel. Being a commuter for six years now, I see all manner of odd acts committed by humans behind their steering wheels, but one of the most common things I witness is people crying. I see it at least once a week.

However, much as I would like to write about what human state in which various people might find themselves inside their cars, this small stanza is all I have so far. Hopefully more will follow:


People Crying In Cars

Maybe we are all the same
People crying in cars
Singing with the radio
and wishing upon stars

No comments:

Post a Comment