Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 25 - Little Cat

The source of last night's insomnia:



Combined with today's prompt:

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/2011/04/25/2011AprilPADChallengeDay25.aspxFor today's prompt, write a falling poem. This could be about the physical act of falling (like someone tying your shoelaces together), or it could be symbolic falling (such as falling in love). With only five days left (after today), we're quickly falling out of another poem-a-day challenge. Make these last few days count, or at least, fall forward toward the finish line.

And so, I wrote a poem for her because I was not falling asleep.

Little Cat

Little cat
We are well-trained
Please stop driving
Everyone insane
Please stop scratching
At my door
I don’t want to feed you
Any more.

Little cat
Now that’s enough
Please stop gnawing
On my stuff
Please stop hauling
Out my socks
Please don’t make me
Change my locks

Little cat
Now don’t you think
Your toys don’t go
Inside my sink
And neither do
Those lizard bits
One more time,
I’ll call it quits

Little cat
It’s half past three
Why must you always
Do this to me?
I have to work
To buy your fish,
Your catnip mice,
Your every wish.
I need to sleep
Now go away.
You never need me
In the day.

Now don’t you give
That glum grimace
I’m already in my bed
Get off my pillow,
get off my face
Please don’t lie
Upon my head.

Little cat
You win this round
To you I will concede
And I’ll be bound
Forever more to serve
Your every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment