Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 28 - Swan Dive

Day 28 - Posted by Robert

We're only 3 days from the finish line--actually 2 days after you finish today's prompt. Yay!

For today's prompt, write a "the world without something else" poem. If you remember on Day 3, I had everyone write a "the world without me" poem. This prompt imagines the world without something else, whether a person, place, thing, etc.

This one was going to be titled "World Without Windows", but midway through writing it, the poem morphed into something else. I was thinking about the sky diving trip we took two years ago, and that, combined with listening to "Coming Around" by A Fine Frenzy, produced this:

Swan Dive

Faster
Falling faster
Fight to untangle
From this latest
Disaster

Bleeding
I am bleeding
From these old wounds
I’m in need of
Soul treating

Taking
Big risk taking
Soar without struggle
Hesitation
Or faking

Falling
I’m falling down
To the world
Through the clouds
And I’m—

Screaming
I am laughing
Becoming unraveled
It’s not as bad
As I’d imagined
And now I’m

Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment