Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 23 - Tinner's Rabbit

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/2011/04/23/2011AprilPADChallengeDay23.aspxPosted by Robert

For today's prompt, write a quit doing what you're doing poem. This could be about something you need to quit doing or that someone or something else should quit doing.

I decided to attempt a Bop Poem today, my first ever in this form. Here's more information about Bop Poetry: http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/5773

Tinner’s Rabbit

Within the night, the walls draw in
I lock the doors, remove my shoes
And burrow deep inside myself
Into the tunnels of my mind
You call down, your voice an echo
You’re always waving your white flag

And sometimes I get lost, it’s true
But there really is no place for you


In the morning, I scrub the floors
and bang the dust from all the rugs
and let the wind scour my walls.
I make myself dizzy busy
While within, a tempest builds,
bubbling to a cauldron of dread.
The warren is presentable
But I cannot invite you in

And sometimes I get lost, it’s true
But there really is no place for you.


I know I have many treasures
That I should be willing to share
And you wait with gallant patience
Beyond my borders, beyond hope
I am not your Tinner’s rabbit
I do not wish to change at all

And sometimes I get lost, it’s true
But there really is no place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment